If you or your business is interested in purchasing an ad, please complete the Radio Day ad form above and send it in to us at email@example.com.
You can submit your payment through the PayPal link above, we can bill you, or you can pay a Rotarian in person.
If you have any questions, please contact our Radio Day chair, Larry Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Radio Day?
Radio Day is Opelika’s Rotary flagship annual fundraiser. Each year, Rotarians solicit donations from local businesses and individuals, and we use these donations to serve our community throughout the following year. For an entire day, Rotarians take to the airways to promote and thank those who donate with ads and messages on a local radio station. This year, Radio Day is Tuesday, November 10 on 96.3 WLEE from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Depending on the donation amount, an ad/message will be announced a certain number of times throughout the day.
Opelika Rotary is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation (The Opelika Rotary Charitable Foundation), so all donations are tax-deductible.
Who benefits from Radio Day?
Last year, Opelika Rotary collected over $30,000 with our Radio Day fundraiser! We used this money to fund grants for the following local programs/agencies:
- Jean Dean RIF
- 100 Trees for 100 Years Project – our group planted one hundred trees in Opelika to commemorate our club’s 100th anniversary
- Baby Steps
- Camp ASCCA – we sponsored a week of camp for one camper in need.
- Rotary Christmas Families – last year, we sponsored four local families in need and provided each with a complete Christmas experience. We donated decorations, bought presents, and cooked meals for the families.
- Flags for Vets – we sponsored flag installations for five local veterans
- Girls Scouts
- Lee County Extension Office 4-H Club
- Lee-Russell Aging Foundation – we participated in the Unforgettable Footsteps 5K which raises funds for the provision of quality services to senior citizens in Lee and Russell counties
- Museum of East Alabama
- Opelika Chamber 20 under 40
- Opelika Main Street
- Our House
- Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Girls Ranch
- Storybook Farm
- The Exceptional Foundation
- The Knee High Foundation